Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ole Lara!

Ole!!!! Another project completed - LARA - from Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk book. It was knitted with Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran & it has turned out beautiful. The pattern was really easy as it was knitted in 1 piece starting from the left sleeve & ending off with the right sleeve. But Lara will be making it's way to Singapore as it's a birthday present for my niece. Sharon travels quite a bit for her work & I hope Lara will keep her warm when she's away from home. Here's a pic of Lara modelled by my daughter, Lynette & it fits her perfectly.....


Last night, I started on Wendy's Toe-Up Sock pattern & worked thro' the toe shaping - it's was really amazing how the toe shapes up with the short row shaping. However had a little problem knitting up the wrapped stitches as they were really tight - there must be a simpler way of doing so. Anyway, I like the shape of the toe & no grafting to be done - it's really clever of Wendy to come up with this. Will continue with the foot & then the heel.....

3 comments:

2paw said...

What a lovely cardi!! It looks very snuggle and warm. I am a top down sock person. I have made toe ups, but I don't like them at all!!

Michelle said...

lovely cardy :) looks very snuggly and warm :)

michelle
http://knitty-bitty.momo4ever.com

Sharon said...

Lovely cardi, I have used Jo Sharp silkroad aran it is a lovely yarn.

Yes as with Cindy, I am a top down sock knitter.