Saturday, August 26, 2006

Presenting The Equine Vest


My dear Cindy here it is - my Equine Vest - blocked & ready! I am really pleased with it & how easy & fast to knit with no sewing up & plus the georgeous merino yarn (from The Knittery) which is so......soft! But the vest has turned out to be a little shorter than what I wanted (despite all the measuring) - I am still going to wear it today to meet my friends (Helen & Michelle) at the Borders in the city for our monthly City Nits!
However there are a couple of errors in the pattern - but thanks to our private KAL - Cindy & I were able to exchange notes & make those errors right. That is really the benefit of a KAL - having someone to compare notes with & knit along - it was really fun & can't wait for the next KAL which I have just joined -
the Central Park Hoodie KAL - staring next Friday - Sept 1.

I have also cast on another pair of socks - a 2nd order from Margaret - which I am knitting in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I am using the same cable pattern which I knitted sometime back but this time, have reversed the pattern to knit from the toe-up. This is the 1st time that I have reversed a sock pattern & it works beautifully! Yes, you guess right - this is what I will be doing from now on (as all of you know that I hate sewing up) ! Here's a pic of one of Margaret's socks as half-way thro' the 2nd sock ....

3 comments:

2paw said...

Oh Ann, your Equine Vest is stunning!!! It was great to be KAL-ing along with you!! It made it lots of fun!! I wore my Vest to the Knitting Coven Stall today!! I automatically added 5cm/2 inches to the length and thank goodness I did. It is just the right length!!! I am posting pictures of mine anon. I'm in the Central Park Hoodie KAL too - see you there!!!!!!

Helen said...

Lovely knitting with you and the girls this afternoon. Your Equine Vest looked so.... gorgeous. Another fine example of your beautiful work.

Sharon said...

Your Equiine Vest is beautiful, love the colour.

Why do most knitters hate sewing up? I like the sock, very nice.