Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Snuggly Baby Blanket....on the needles

I saw this phamphlet on the counter of a yarn shop & decided to buy it - like the pattern of the blanket which is quite pretty with the moss stitch border & little diamonds strips. I have been looking for a baby blanket pattern for a while as I didn't want something too complicated to knit (like lace or cables) or something too simple (like plain garter or moss stitch). This pattern is perfect as it's just knit & purl.
So I have just cast on this blanket using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in cream (just like the color in the pattern). As Pam's (my lovely neighbor, 2 doors away) is expecting her 1st grandchild in mid-November, there should be plenty of time for me to finish this off (I hope)!

1 comment:

2paw said...

Oh, a new thing!! It is lovely!!!