Friday, January 12, 2007

Home Sweet Home

A very Happy New Year to all my fellow knitters & all the best wishes for another exciting knitty year!
Yes, I am back home - beautiful, clean, uncrowded, quiet Perth - it's great to be back! 5 weeks is really a long time to be away but I did enjoy my holidays but there was too much feasting - during the weddings, Christmas, Hongkong, New Year & all the get-togethers with relatives & friends & then all the farewell dinners.....
We did had a good time shopping both in Singapore & Hongkong & I think I have bought 2 years' worth of clothes, bags & shoes - so no shopping for the next 6 months (minimum!)
I also have some exciting knitting news to share - I managed to knit socks on board all my flights using bamboo dpns - on my 1st flight to Singapore (5 hours), I managed to finish this (in between the food & movies) ......

It's a plain sock for Lynette using Lana Grossa cotton yarn. In addition to being able to knit on board, I also redesign the toe-up short row shaping using yarn over (instead of wraps). I am really happy with the revised design as it's much easier to knit & there are no holes in the shaping of the toes. I managed to finish the pair of socks during my 2 flights from Singapore to Hongkong & return ......


3 comments:

2paw said...

Oh you knitted on the plane and such nice socks too!! A good use of flying time!! Glad you are back!!

tiennieknits said...

Being a beginning knitter, I think it's so cool that you can just whip up a sock like that. I still need patterns that tell me step by step what to do!

Anonymous said...

hi ann!! welcome back and happy new year!! cant wait to meet up and catch up with you soon!!!