Saturday, June 23, 2007

Socks & socks & socks & socks .......

Another pair off the needles .....It seems that I have been knitting these for a long, long time .... they are the Conifers - my 1st Pick Up Sticks Sock Club which I had a problem putting it on as the leg was too tight. I frogged it & just knit the leg in the same rib pattern as the in-step. The yarn, Apple Pie was lovely to knit with & it's much thicker than other sock yarn that I have used.
Since I am on a sock roll - I also finish 1 of this .....

.... it's the Widdershins from knitty.com - I have been trying to knit this pattern for a while & had a few failed attempts & decided to pick it up again & this time, it was smooth sailing. I used the 4ply merino cashmere from The Knittery in the Orchid colorway & 3mm dpns. I really love the gusset & slip-stitch heel pattern which is so lovely & gives such a perfect fit. I think this is so far the best method for the heel & I will be using it a lot - to top it off, this sock is knitted from the toe-up. What more can I ask for?

Now I have 2 socks on the needles - the 2nd sock for both the Waving Lace & the Widdershins - should I cast on another - there's a long list of socks that I want to knit. Go & take a look at the slide shows of this KAL & maybe then you can understand my love affair with socks ......

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Should you cast on for another sock? Hmmmm...do all those socks have mates? If so, I say GO FOR IT! I have Widdershins on my to-knit-list so I was glad to see pictures of yours....especially glad to see a side view of the gusset and heel! Nice job!

2paw said...

Oh Ann, the socks look beautiful and the Orchid colourway is beautiful. The slip stitch heel and gusset thingy is my favourite and fits me the best of all. I have neglected my knitting lately, I might pick up some sokcs this week!!

tiennieknits said...

Your socks are fantastic! Your widdershins came out so much nicer than mine.

Michelle Lee said...

socks socks socks!! i gotta knit myself more socks!!!

Dipsy Doodle said...

Your socks look absolutely fantastic - especially the Widdershins, they're high up on my "Have to knit" list too - great pattern, and I adore the colorways you've been using! Yay for socks!

Bec said...

Beautiful socks and fantastic colourways :) I hold you responsible for me just signing up to the Pick Up Sticks Sock Club ;) WTG! :)