Friday, November 02, 2007

It's Not A Pair Of Socks !

This is not another pair of socks but it's .....

.... the Knitting Needle Knitting Bag ! I actually knitted something different & this was a quick knit & I finished it a week ago but it took a while to get the motivation to do the seaming & the lining & it's done !


Pattern : Knitting Daily (free pattern)

Yarn : 3 balls of Rowan Cork (merino & nylon & it was a free gift with my Rowan's subscription)
Needles : Knit Picks 6mm & 5mm circular needles


Isn't the purple lining lovely & I sewed it all by myself but I think it was quite easy as I just had to machine the sides & turned it inside out. The stitching to the bag took a little bit of adjusting & it's not a perfect fit but I am happy with it!

I will be carrying this bag with my WIPs to City Nits tomorrow ...

14 comments:

Helen said...

You now have the coolest knitting bag around and will be the envy of us all at City Nits tomorrow. A fab way to promote knitting in public too. Might have to go and dig out my calmer and knit one too.

Michelle Lee said...

wow....that's very pretty!!! i wanted to make one too when i saw the pattern from knitting daily. too bad i dont know how to sew :(

Sam said...

very groovy! I wasn't particularly inspired by that pattern until I saw yours.

Rose Red said...

That looks great - especially love the purple lining!

Lisa said...

Very nice!!!

Denise said...

That is such a cool bag.
I hope you don't mind, but I added you to my reads, I love popping in to see what you're knitting.

tiennieknits said...

Now that's a great bag! Fantastic job!

Sasha said...

Fantastic Anne!! Can't wait to see it in person today =D

Irene said...

Oh it's cute! And works without the superglue on the handles too Ann. So happy I saw the bag IRL today.

bonitapita said...

That is just too cute!

Susan said...

Great bag! Looks good!

Roseann said...

Your bag is so cute, I love the needle supports. The lining is so nicely done, I admire beautiful sewing. The yarn in the bag is pretty, too.

Dipsy Doodle said...

What a very, very cool knitting bag this is! Actually, this one's very high up on my "Have to knit" list too ever since I saw the free pattern - seeing your version of it now made me want to cast on for it immediately!

2paw said...

It's a great bag!! Very cool and knitterly. The lining looks fine and it holds a lot too. You are a star!!