Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Goodies

These are the last of my dish cloths that I am knitting for Christmas - a total of 13! Some were already given out & the remainder to be given on Christmas Eve. I have enjoyed knitting these dish cloths & the last 2 (the bottom 2 on the picture) are Grandma's Favorite that I found here. I think I will be knitting some more of these dishcloths for myself as they are so pretty & useful. Here they are all wrapped up with a piece of hand made essential oil soap .....
Now for some non-knitting news - I made some Christmas goodies - I am not a good cook & only cooked from recipes that do not require the use of more than 1 pot. As for baking, any recipe that does not require the use of an electric mixer always catch my eyes. So when I saw this recipe, it was too good to be true & I had to make these little goodies.....
..... Mini Christmas Puddings - no mixing of ingredients (except melting the white chocolate) & no baking. I was so proud of myself & gave some to a friend's kids ....


..... they look so great & make really good gifts to children & adults too. These are definitely on my list for next Christmas.

As my parents are arriving tonight for a 3-week visit, I guess this will be my last post before the holidays, so I will like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year - 2008 will be another great year for all of us knitters - more projects, more yarn, more accessories, more .......

11 comments:

Sam said...

They look like my type of cooking project too! Merry Christmas Ann :)

Rose Red said...

Hope Santa brings me more time to knit! Your little puddings look great!

Merry Christmas to you too!

Carol said...

A very Merry Christmas! Your washcloths are smashing! I love your colors and the Christmas Puddings look so yummy! They have to go on the list, thanks for sharing that :) Enjoy your parents and a wonderful holiday to you all!

Anonymous said...

Your packaging is so pretty--I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled. And yummmmm...those puddings. Have a wonderful Christmas yourself!

Roseann said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday together. Your dishcloths remind me about some cotton chenille I have to make facecloths. Cute little puddings, they look so fancy!

Denise said...

Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas, and just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year.
Hugs Denise

Michelle said...

what yarn did you use for your dishcloths? they are beautiful.

happy holidays
michelle

tiennieknits said...

Hope you had a very lovely Christmas! Happy New Year to you too!

Sasha said...

Such lovely gifties! Happy days and lots of cheer for the festivities and new year Ann :) Enjoy! xoxo

bonitapita said...

Hope your Christmas was great and that you have a great New Year!

Cutie puddings! Must check out that recipe!

2paw said...

Dear Ann, you are always trying new things so successfully!! The puddings look so lovely and the dishcloths too. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and wishing you a very Happy New Year!!!