Friday, August 01, 2008

Promises Are Made To Be Broken .....

..... in the event when there is a special request.

I had to take a couple of days off from knitting the Pi Shawl (which I had promised to be faithful to until completion) as my dear husband made a request for a pair of mittens. The mornings & nights had been really cold here & his feet are nice & warm in their handknitted socks but not his fingers. So I really had to break my promise & quickly cast on this ......

...... it's a heavily modified version of Dashing. I used Dream In Color Smooshy (colorway Cocoa Kiss) which is a 4ply & the pattern is written for a 8ply, so the gauge is different & I had to cast on more stitches & in the course of all these changes, I had the cables all messed up for the right mitten. Anyway, I don't think my husband will notice the difference in the cables between the 2 mittens. I just hope that they will fit him when he returns this Sunday.

Anyway, a model shot of the mittens (which are too big for Lynette) ....

..... now I am back to my Pi Shawl & progressing quite well. Had just finished the 1st section of the diamond pattern (17 rounds) & now on to the 2nd section of another 17 rounds & then I can start on the border & casting off the 576 stitches !

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Nice color on the Dashing!

I hear you on the promises made...I really am trying to stick to finishing up 3 WIPS before casting on a new project. Except I sort of just remembered that I have 3 babies to make something for before October. Going to have to give in and cast on!

Anonymous said...

Lovely mitts. Thank you for your comment on my blog.