Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rivolo

2 weeks ago, I met my neighbor & we started talking about knitting. She also loves knitting but in recent years had to stop as her fingers were hurting too much. She is into quilting now. She mentioned that she missed knitting & loved scarves - so this triggered off my knitting spirit & I decided to knit her a scarf.


So the search for a pattern started - I wanted a lace pattern but not complicated & should be an easy pattern so that I can finish the scarf quickly - I don't really like knitting scarf as it goes on forever. Then I saw Gale that Helen knitted for me which is a lovely pattern, so I went through Anne's Little Nothings & fell in love with Rivolo.....


This pattern is exactly what I was looking for & now that it's off the needles I can confirmed that it's one of the best scarf pattern that I ever knitted. It's an easy pattern to remember, it's interesting & it just grows so fast - all done in 10 days!


This is Rivolo blocking & I did not do a good job blocking. I wanted to thread some waste yarn through the edges so that I can straighten the edges but forgot all about it. I only remember when I was squeezing out the water. So I thought it should be alright but you can see that the edges are not straight......



..... thank goodness it looks not so bad after blocking. I thought of blocking it again but had no time as I was invited to tea at my neighbor's place the next day & I wanted to give it to her.

..... well it still looks pretty enough.



Pattern : Rivolo from Knitspot


Yarn : Zen Yarn Garden Harmony Sock Club (Aubergine)


Needles : 3.75mm Knitpicks circular

7 comments:

Bells said...

Goodness me. That's stunning. I'm adding that to my Summer of Lace list!

Rachel said...

Nice! I've not yet knit any of Anne's patterns but just about every single one she produces I add to my queue. I was glad to hear how much you liked knitting it--it really is beautiful!

Lynn said...

This scarf is beautiful! I wouldn't worry abt the edges, when you have it wrapped around your neck, you'll never see them anyway!

RoxanneZYG said...

Hi Ann...so nice!! I love this...Anne's patterns work up so beautifully...well done :)

Ally Jay said...

I love that scarf. It looks simply scrummy. I don't think anyone will notice the edges, I didn't in the photo.

Anonymous said...

beautiful scarves, such a beautiful gift for your neighbour.

Susan said...

I've had my eye on that pattern and your scarf is beautiful. Wonderful gifts I tell you!