Saturday, December 12, 2009

Little Projects - Quick & Easy

Another month had just whizzed by & it's almost Christmas. So much had happened during the last month - final high school exams, graduation ceremony, concerts, presentation, year end functions - I am just exhausted & can't wait for the school year to end - another week to go!

But I have been knitting little projects ...... I saw this pattern on ravelry & knew I had to make one & I did over a weekend.....

..... with my Jo Sharp cotton leftovers. It is a great crochet pattern for a beginner like me as I just go round & round. I love this bag & have been carrying my projects in it. I want to make another one so that I can use it for shopping too.
This bag gave me the inspiration to come up with these ......


..... mini bags for scraps of soap. I use natural soap for washing my hands & dishcloths & towards the end, I always end up with little pieces of soap. Now I put these little pieces of soap into one of these bags & when I wet the bag, I have an instant scrubber for the stove & kitchen top .......... it's great & I love my creation.

I have also knitted these dishcloths as Christmas presents for the ladies that I work with in the school canteen. They are Grandmother's Favorite dishcloths ......
Now that I can crochet, I finished off the dishcloth with a crochet edge & also added a little loop for hanging the dishcloths ......

..... this really finished off the dishcloth so nicely. All I need is to add a piece of natural soap with each dishcloth & they are ready. I am really glad that I learn crochet as it's such a handy add-on to knitting.

All these little projects are so great to work on especially with the little time that I had in between all those events.

In the meantime if any of you are looking for a nice sock pattern, check out my latest sock pattern release on ravelry - Fields of Clover !

I may not be posting again until next year as I am off to Melbourne for a 2-week holiday with some of my projects that I will be casting on ..... Travelling Woman, Rose Buds Socks, another Featherweight Cardigan and maybe Sabbatical .....
Have a Merry Christmas & all my warmest wishes for another Knitty 2010 !

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I've been expecting a post reporting a flurry of knitting (crochet included) activity and I wasn't disappointed! Everything looks great (and as always I think your new sock pattern is fantastic...I must find more time to knit so I can actually knit one or two of your patterns!).

Happy holidays and enjoy your break in Melbourne!

Amanda said...

Impressive crochet! And the sock pattern looks really good.

Anonymous said...

Love the crochet bag. I may add that one to my list. I'm having a 'crochet Christmas' - it's all I've done for the past two days.

Love your socks too. Have a great holiday.