Friday, June 11, 2010

I Am Back .....

..... and so much had happened over the last few weeks. Helen & I have been busy organising Knitting Inspirations 3rd Annual Retreat over the long weekend. This year, 29 of us spent 3 nights at the beautiful Avalon Homestead !

The retreat started on Friday afternoon & everyone was greeted with one of these goodie bags .......

...... which came in handy when the Yarn Market was opened with lots of gorgeous yarn ......


...... accessories, needles and for the 1st time hand sewn projects bags made by one of our ladies .....

We started the retreat with a knit along of the top down Eccentric Cables Cardigan which I designed for the retreat.

On Saturday, we had 3 workshops lined up - Peter gave us an interesting & informative talk on Jumper Building Blocks where we learnt how to customise jumpers to different yarns & styles .......

Then we had Molly who gave us hands-on experience with knitting lace with beads & nupps - we were able to practise on a beaded bookmark that Molly designed & it was great fun .....

The 3rd workshop was conducted by Helen who demonstrated finishing techniques like seaming, short row shaping, button holes, etc & Helen also helped seamed a couple of projects ......

The day ended with a PJ night where we wore our PJs to dinner & it was great that we need not dress up for dinner ....

Sunday was a relaxing day & we just sat around & knit & spin ....
In the afternoon, we took a short walk up the hill to Pecan Hill for lunch where we had the "World Most Talked About SOUP" - I am sure we will be talking about this SOUP at the next retreat but we will not be having any more of that SOUP !

The retreat went very well & we had lots of fun & of course lots of knitting & spinning & many projects were finished over the weekend. I am amazed at all the beautiful projects that the group has produced & in all my excitement, I forgot to take photos !

I am still recuperating from all the excitement during the weekend which was made possible by this incredible group ......





11 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

My, my what busy days you've had ! It looks like a lot of fun and very informative. One day you will have to tell us more about the soup. By the way, I love the sweater !

Michelle Lee said...

Love that cardigan Ann!!!! Is that knitted with 4 ply yarn or 8 ply? Looks like you all had soooooooooooo much fun!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun weekend, makes me want to move to the west coast!

2paw said...

I am intrigued by the SOUP!!! Gorgeous cardigan and your retreat looks like fun and a great learning time too!!

Rose Red said...

I too am intrigued by the SOUP! Was it that good or that bad??!!

As always, am envious of your retreat, looks fantastic. And I especially love the idea to wear your PJ's to dinner, what a great idea!

Bogie said...

What a fun weekend! Thanks for sharing, wish I could have been there. ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! And all those goodies are so tempting.

Anonymous said...

Love the cardi and looks like you had a great time.

Roseann said...

What a wonderful time! You and Helen put such a lovely retreat together, I wish I lived closer! Your cardigan design is especially pretty and very clever from the top, it turned out beautifully. It looks like it was the perfect fiber retreat.

My Five Sons said...

Argh the SOUP,never mind the pie made up for it and Id certainly go back there!! Did you see that awesome burger Bikeboy and FurrywithFuffles and co demolished???? Thats what Im trying next year,LOL

Rachel said...

Wow--sounds like such an amazing fibery weekend! Beautiful cardigan!