Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Annual Retreat

I can't believe another year had passed & it's time for our 4th Annual Retreat at the beautiful Avalon Homestead. This year we had 30 participants & we had a great time.


We started off with Show & Tell & the highlight was this machine knitted wedding dress which took our breath away ! There were so many FOs that every available space on this long table was filled ......


......there was a spindle spinning demonstration & I learnt Andean plying


...... a yarn & FO photography workshop & I took a great picture of my mittens in a light tent


...... a talk given by a Suri Alpaca breeder & then she gave us some tips on spinning the fiber


....... a weaving demonstration & we also had a chance to try it


It was a great weekend & we went home with so much knowledge & new skills & of course, some FOs !

5 comments:

2paw said...

I can see from the pictures what a wonderful time you all had. My words, your mittens look all Hollywood in the light box picture!!!

Rose Red said...

Wow, look at that wedding dress! Sounds like a great weekend. I think I'll have to get myself a light box - that's a great photo of your mitts.

Roseann said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely event with us and all those beautiful photos. The wedding dress is gorgeours! How did you like weaving? I look forward to seeing your FOs.

Bogie said...

What a lovely time, thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time. the wedding dress looks great. I machine knit so I know how much work must have gone into it.