Over the last 2 months, I have been tidying up my stash & destashing yarn that I know I will never knit with. This also gave me the opportunity to re-discover what's in my stash & I found yarn that I never knew I had. So now, I have "new yarn" !
I also decided to go through my WIPs basket & make ruthless decisions - I did !
I cast on ( picot edge cast on of 200+ sts) for Laar 3 times & still can't get the gauge right. I changed yarn, changed needles, everything & nothing seems to work. Even if I knit the smallest size, it's still too big for me, so I think I better give up & rip it. So that's 1 wip gone.
I don't know if this can be considered as a wip as this is the 1st of 3 mittens that I knitted as I worked on the design. As the final design is a simpler version, I decided not to knit the partner for this mitten. Anyway, I would not be able to knit another mitten as I don't have enough yarn. I have about 10 gms left after knitting 3 mittens - so I am ripping this.
I fell in love with this pattern when I first saw it & decided to knit the vest version. After casting on & working on the neck & looking at completed projects on ravelry, I fell out of love. So I am ripping this too.
There was a lot of talk about the sweet tomato heel when it was 1st published & I was eager to give it a go, so I cast on a sock. I just wanted to try the technique so I knitted a plain sock. I had to rip the heel 3 times & still not happy with the way it feels on the heel. When I tried on the sock, the heel did not feel right although it looked good. So I decided not to continue with the sock & just rip it.
I have been knitting this sock (a spiral tube with no heels) for the last 2 years & it's my mindless knitting when I need one. Somehow, there were not many mindless knitting opportunities & so the progress is slow. As I have already completed 1 sock & started the 2nd, I decided to carry on with this project & try to knit on it more.
This is the 1st sock of 3 socks that I knitted when I was working on the design - this seemed to be the trend when I am designing. Again, I had finished 1 sock & half way through the 2nd, so I will finish this.
This is my 1st handspun & I decided to knit the Hedera socks with it. I modified the pattern so that I can knit it toe-up. Again, I finished 1 sock & started the 2nd - it's very clear that I suffered from 2nd sock syndrome last year. I will finish the 2nd sock.
If I finish all the 2nd socks above, I will have 3 new pairs of socks this year !
This is the last wip when I joined Anni's Mystery Shawl KAL. I was good during the 1st 2 weeks & then I fell behind & then I stopped. I do like the pattern & the semi circular shape of the shawl, so I will continue with this project.
So that's it - I now have 4 wips to finish off. I am sure I can finish these within this year if I can control casting on new projects.