Friday, February 24, 2012

Summer Tee

It has been a hot & humid summer & some days, knitting is almost unbearable, especially with wool. But I can't live without knitting, even for a day. So I went through my stash & found 4 balls of lovely, smooth, cool cotton which have been sitting in the stash for the last few years.

I have never knitted with this cotton & bought them at a sale & there's about 600+ yds in those 4 balls. This is the perfect yarn for hot weather knitting. So, now to find the right pattern & I found the Spring Tee.

It's a top down, seamless tee & will be perfect for summer, spring & even autumn wear.

I had a complicated start as I did not want the low neckline, so I used the smallest size (28') for the neck & then increased to the next 2 sizes (32 & 36) for the yoke & sleeve. I think at the end of all these changes, my numbers did not add up but I didn't care as it was just plain knitting with a little shaping for the rest of the body. I love the little cap sleeves with the lace detail .....


..... then, I decided to do something different for the bottom portion & that took a bit of knitting & ripping & knitting & ripping ..... until I had it right.

I split the bottom of the tee & knitted the lace pattern on the front & the back & I love it.


I enjoyed knitting with the cotton & it's also lovely to wear - so soft & cool, the perfect Summer Tee (sorry, I have not taken any pictures of me wearing it).


7 comments:

Denise said...

That does look pretty, the bottom is lovely. I hope we can get to see you wear it :)

Donna (Random Knits) said...

It's lovely, Ann!

2paw said...

I wondered why you had those white buttons?? Then I realised I am hopeless and that it was blocking!! It has been too hot to knit but you used your knitting nous!! It's lovely, I do like the lace at the hem. Maybe you'll take a picture of it being worn another day??

Rachel said...

I like your modifications...I think it makes the tee stand out even more! And that brown is a lovely color! I hope it cools off for you soon!

Roseann said...

I love the lace border you added to the bottom of your cotton tee! The capped sleeves are very cute, you might just be knitting two more once your daughters see you wearing it :)

Rose Red said...

I think I need to use my stash more to be inspired! This looks great. The lace edging is a lovely finishing touch.

Rani said...

Ho ho - summer in February. That can mean only one thing. . . you are from Down Under!

And lo and behold, I've found a kindred spirit - pink roving, gorgeous socks, blocking knits. . . be still my heart.

Happy knitting (found you through Tienne Knits)