Friday, April 13, 2012

Just A Wash Cloth

I always enjoy knitting wash cloths as they are so quick & easy but I have not knitted one for a while until this week.

I will be teaching a Beginner's Knitting Class next month & the project that we will be working on is a wash cloth or a scarf. So I came up with this ......
...... a wash cloth with a few different stitch patterns - there is a section with garter stitch, another with stocking stitch & then one with basket weave stitch. With all these variations, the class will be have enough practise on using the knit & purl stitches. 

I knitted this wash cloth with organic cotton & it was an enjoyable knit but my fingers hurt as I was not quite used to using bigger needles (4.5mm).

Now I am working on the scarf for the class - I think a ribbed scarf in variegated colors will be nice.



4 comments:

Rose Red said...

That's a really good beginner pattern, and would be a good washcloth too, with the different textures.

Roseann said...

What a cute project for your class and they make great last minute gifts for the holidays :) I know what you mean about knitting with larger needles as I experience the exact same thing!

2paw said...

It's a great pattern and I think a knitter likes to make something genuinely useful, whatever their skill level.

Bells said...

i love knitting them too. I haven't in a while. Perhaps it's time to revisit them!

Good idea for a class!