Monday, April 08, 2013

Another pair off the needles !




Back and There Again socks are done and I enjoyed this pattern so much. The colors combination is great and the fair isle pattern is quite easy.



The dark blue yarn is Skinny Bugga and this is the 1st time that I am knitting with this yarn and it's lovely. The lighter blue is Louet Gem and it's a very tightly spun yarn. I had to change needle size when knitting with the Louet Gem as it is a thinner yarn but it worked out well.

As I am now hooked on sock knitting, I immediately cast on another pair ......



I am using a self striping yarn from Knitabulous and it was a special dye batch with a small amount of plain colored yarn for the toes. Unfortunately, I did not have enough for both toes, so I only managed about 1.5 toes. Anyway, there is still a little contrast on the toes before the stripes begin.

I started with a square toe where the increases are done in the middle rather than the sides. The socks will be plain as I think the stripes are enough without any stitch pattern.

Back to knitting more socks!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Sue said...

The fair isle socks look gorgeous!

Rose Red said...

Gee I love those blue socks. What a great pattern and colour choice.

2paw said...

Oh, those There and Back Again socks, which I always think of a Hobbit Socks (There and back is a book) are so lovely and the sock models are very funny. I didn't even realise Knitabulous still dyed wool, I found a link on The Ravelry the other day!!

Roseann said...

I'm so glad to see your sock mojo back. I think of you every time I wear my Fields of Clover socks :) Your Fair Isle work is very neat (I have had the first sock come out smaller than the second) and your colors are gorgeous. I enjoyed learning about the square toe on your pretty Knitabulous socks, I have not seen that before.