Saturday, June 02, 2007

Very Fetching !

It does look very fetching - doesn't it? Yes, it's Fetching, the fingerless mittens that everyone seems to be knitting, so I thought I will give it a go (since I am still in the thinking stage for the next project). That's Lynette doing her homework & keeping her hands nice & warm (altho' they are a little big for her). I used 4mm dpns & 1 ball of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed & they were done in 2 nights! It was quite fun knitting them but the cable design is not showing so well because of the tweed. Anyway, they are still nice & warm!
What do I knit next ? I thought I will give myself a break from big projects & just work on the smaller & quicker ones. But I am still knitting socks .....

5 comments:

2paw said...

Oh how warm and how very quick!! I can see the cables though. I am about to start a few big thins, so socks are my thing for a few quick rows as well. I haven't made any Fetchings yet...I might now!!!

Michelle Lee said...

ooh...very pretty :) it's good for the mornings lately as it's so cold!!! my fingers are always so cold in the morning they feel like frost bite!!!

michelle
http://knitty-bitty.momo4ever.com

AuntieAnn said...

Hi -- I can't comment on the Favorite Socks KAL site because I haven't joined yet, but here's what I wanted to say -- you are knitting that sock to pattern, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. However, if that feature of the knitting bothers you, here is the fix: http://www.twosheep.com/blog/?p=563

tiennieknits said...

Those are very cool Ann! I do love the color and the yarn.

Roseann said...

Those mitts are going to be quite nice for winter. I wonder if Lynette's friends are going to want some, too! What a pretty & fun project, I love the cabled cuffs.