Saturday, July 22, 2006

Sockathon !!!

That's right - I am still on my Sockathon & just finished a pair for Lydia (my younger daughter) using Opal's Petticoat. Agree with you Sharon - Opal is still the best - great colors & easy to knit up. So, here's the socks...... This was a really fast knit - finished both socks within a week. I guess I am getting better in sock knitting & using Wendy's Toe-Up pattern also helps. This pair is knitted plain with a K2,P2 cuff & as Lydia has small feet, I didn't have to knit a lot.
Also finished knitting 1 of Helen's socks & not starting the next sock until I get Helen to try it on for size. Will be meeting Helen this afternoon for a knitting session at the new Borders in the city. Looking forward to it, so I better go & get ready......

3 comments:

Sharon said...

They look great, Opal is indeed a great sock yarn.

NattyChick said...

They look great Ann. I am moving to Perth in December so hopefully I will get to meet up with a few fellow knitters at a future Borders event. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me where you got the percentage indicators for your works in progress? Thanks Ann...

www.nattychick.typepad.com

pinky-yin said...

WOW! So nice....the colors are fantastic .... will be sure to brighten up any winter blues!
wonder when i will ever be able to knit anything sock like...hmmm