Sunday, October 15, 2006

..... Part 3

Day 6 - Carnavon to Kalbarri (4.5 hours)
Decided to stick to sock knitting as it's easier, so cast on another pair of socks using Lana Grossa Cotton/Wool yarn ....

This is just a plain pair of sock with a basket weave ribbed pattern for the leg .... it was a relaxing knit & I was able to enjoy more of the sights & even cater to everyone's needs (as usual) & even try spotting all the goats that were hiding under the shrubs along the road & of course there were many dead animals .... such a sorry sight!

Day 7 - Kalbarri Beach Resort

Had to drive more than 70 kms of gravel road to get to 2 gorges & at the same time try to finish knitting my socks .... well did managed to finish 1 pattern repeat (12 rows) for the leg which was quite a feat while we were bumping up & down in the car. It was a good workout walking the trail to see the gorges but it was worthwhile as the view was magnificent .... (sorry - can't upload the pic of the gorge)

We also visited Rainbow Jungle which is a bird santuary - all the colorful parakeets, lorikeets, parrots, etc..... & I managed to finish the 1st sock .....

Day 8 - Kalbarri to Perth (6 hours)

Cast on the 2nd sock & by the time we reached Perth, I have about 5 cm more to the end of the leg .... if I had another hour more, the sock will be done. Anyway, I think I have done quite a bit of knitting in the last 8 days & at the same time had a good holiday. Now to start planning for the next holiday ......

My apologies that you have to read all these in 3 separate posts as I really don't know what's wrong - I cannot upload more than 2-3 pics on each entry (maybe there's something I have to change in the settings or what????)

No comments: