Friday, March 28, 2008

My Assistant Knitter

I taught my daughters knitting but only my younger daughter, Lydia (she's 12) enjoys it. She had knitted a couple of scarfs, a log cabin pillow & many, many squares for blankets for the homeless. She does not like purling & only want to knit, so she always have a square on the needles.
One of the ladies in my knitting group mentioned that a group is collecting knitted jumpers for HIV babies in Africa & gave us a copy of the pattern. I came home & showed the pattern to Lydia & she wanted to give it a try & she knitted this .....
I changed the pattern to knit in the round. It was a fast knit & she did it in 2 days but of course I helped a little with the casting on for the sleeves. Lydia really enjoyed knitting this as it's more interesting than the squares that she had been knitting & she will be doing more. She tried the jumper on her Cabbage Patch doll ...

I am happy that Lydia is enjoying knitting & she is working on her current project - a pair of socks - she has finished 1 sock (I helped with the toe & heel). The only problem is that Lydia only knits during holidays as she is too busy with school work.

Speaking of socks - I think I have knitted close to 40 pairs of socks since I started 2 years ago but these are all that I have left with me ....



7 comments:

Lisa said...

When I first saw the sweater I thought it was you that knitted it!

What a great job your daughter did. Congrats.

Denise said...

That is too cute, well done to your daughter. Now, are all those socks you have for you, or do they live in the box ready to be gifted to individuals? I've only knit 4 pairs of socks this past year and kept only the Monkey socks for me. The other 3 pair were rainy day socks. I do want to knit more with some yummy sock yarn when I can find the time!

Knittingknutty said...

Before long she will have to have her won blog full of knits. I can't wait, I know out of my three, I have to have at least one want to knit with me. But I have a while to wait. They are 2 and 4.

Anonymous said...

Well done to Lydia and congratulations on having raised such an enthusiastic knitter!

The presentation of your socks is beautiful, each a work of art.

Susan said...

I love the boxes. It makes the socks look gift boxed! That's a great thing your daughter is doing.

Melinda said...

Yay for Lydia!! My younger sister knits as well - she is 13.
I like the way you store your socks!

Knitting Bandit said...

40 pairs! Wow!