Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Few Little Things

Now that the retreat is over, life is slowly coming back to normal & knitting is also getting up to speed - there are still 2 major WIPs waiting to be picked up but just had to knit a couple of little gifts.

Casted off this little hat (it was supposed to go into the package with the socks) for my 1 month old nephew ....
It was actually a quick knit as I used the magic cast on for the top & just increase at 4 points until I get the size that I wanted, knit it straight down & cast off. It's a really cute hat & I like this way of knitting from the top as again, no seams to sew up.

Another little gift is for my 6 year old niece who had asked for leg warmers that she can wear when she goes for her ballet classes, so here they are .....



Again a quick knit as I just cast on & keep knitting straight up until the calf & then do a few increases, knit for a few inches & then cast off. I hope they are long enough. I printed my 1st label .....


Also managed to cast off another project that have been on the needles for a couple of months - the Chevron Scarf .....


The scarf turned out really nice as I love the colors combination & the strips came out so evenly. I just used 1 skein of Mama Llama's self striping sock wool in the Winter colorway which had been in my stash for ages. Although I love this scarf, I don't think I want to knit another as I now remember that scarf knitting is boring & it goes on forever.....
Now I have to get back to my bigger projects (the WIPs). I have picked up the Mystic Light Shawl - a KAL which I joined & is already over & knitters are posting their blocked shawls in the Group in Ravelry. I finished Part 2 of the pattern before the retreat .....

..... and now picked up to start on Part 3 but it took me 2 days of knitting & frogging to do 8 rows & there are still more than 10 rows to go & then Part 4 & 5. I hope I can make it to Part 5 without any more frogging (touch wood!)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Great Chevron! The color choice is perfect for that scarf...it really does make the stripes and pattern stand out!

Denise said...

Lovely knits, the leg warmers are especially cute. My daughter doesn't do dance, but it would be nice if she would like them for winter! I'd like to knit some.
:)

Monika said...

I LOVE the chevron scarf, the colors you used are gorgeous!

Bron said...

love the label - such a cute idea!!