The socks are knitted with leftovers Opal yarn as I was not so sure if she was serious about socks knitting and will finish them. It took her a while to manage the dpns but she did it & then was knitting away. Lydia has been wearing the socks eversince & now wants another pair. I told her that she can knit as many as she wants - looks like I have found my successor!
I also cast off a pair of socks for the other daughter, Lynette. She does know how to knit but she does not have the interest to learn socks knitting, so I had to do it. Here are her candy floss socks ....
Pattern : My own design with a ribbed leg (K4, P2)
Yarn : Mama E's sock yarn ( it was specially dyed for Pick Up Sticks Sock Club)
Needles : 2.5mm Harmony dpns
The yarn has a very tight twist & was great to knit with. In fact, it feels more like cotton than wool & has been in my stash for a long time, so it was great to be able to put it into good use.
Just want to mention that I knitted the toe differently - I used the same technique as the baby hat that I knitted where I cast on 8 stitches & increased 4 stitches every other round until I had 60 stitches, so it's a round toe & it fits Lynette perfectly as she has slim feet. I like this technique & will use it more for other socks as it does looks much nicer than the normal square toe.
Although I keep telling myself that I have to finish off my current WIPs, I just can't resist casting on 3 new projects .... more details in my next post !