Monday, June 09, 2008

A Week of Surprises ......

.... first, a package came by mail & it was from the lovely Kuka who organised the Can Assist drive for knitted socks. Last month, I received an email informing me that I won a prize of a year subscription to a knitting magazine & I chose Vogue Knitting. I was so thrilled as it was the first time that I won a prize & all I did was knit 2 pairs of socks & donate them to Can Assist. But apparently that's not the end, as my prize also include this package ......
..... I was so thrilled as I took out the goodies in the package - chocolates, Vogue Knitting Sock Book, a journal, a skein of Spider sock yarn from (in my favorite colors of blue, pink, purple) & a lovely card. This has to be the best present that I ever had - thanks Kuka for your effort in organising the collection & your generosity !
Then came the 2nd package - a belated birthday present from my dear friend & knitting partner, Helen ......

...... I was all excited again & as the package contained these goodies - a book (a Fine Fleece), stitch markers, a skein of lace yarn & a lovely sock card - this has to be another best present. Thanks so much Helen !

I just have to show this skein of yarn from Yarn Chef as a little recipe card is included for Broccoli with Lemon Vinaigrette - my favorite veg.

2 great knitty packages in a week - what more can a knitting addict wants !

1 comment:

Denise said...

Wow, what lovely goodies! You lucky girl you :)