Monday, November 17, 2008

Do They Look Like Seaweeds ?

.... not really but these are the Seaweed Socks that I have just cast off. When I think of seaweed, it only reminds me of sushi & these socks don't look like sushi !

It's a nice pattern & easily memorised & it's a great project to carry around. Helen likes the pattern & I offered to knit them for her ......

Pattern : Seaweed Socks (free pattern from Wendy Knits)
Yarn : Apollo Louet Gems from Jolly Jumbuck (not sure of the colorway)
Needles : 2.25mm Harmony dpns



I did learn to knit a different heel for this sock & it's a more squarish heel than the one that I normally use. The heel turns out looking good but I did not really enjoy knitting it because of the wraps & turns & then having to pick up them was not an easy task as I could not find them ! It was not easy to look for wraps on this variegated colored yarn, so for the 2nd sock, I had to use markers to indicate the wraps & this made it slightly easier. I think I better stick to my favorite heel !

3 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

Very pretty socks! I'll have to go favorite those. I like the color of the yarn you used.

Amanda said...

Great socks. I've just done my first heels using wraps and found it really difficult to see the wraps so I made a bit of a mess of them. The tip for using markers is a great idea and I'll try that next time. Short row heels are really good when knitting 2 at a time on 2 circs.

Anonymous said...

Nice socks and lovely colour yarn. they kind of remind me of some brown seaweed we get in the sea off Norway and Britain.