Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2 FOs !

Remember this ? I was upset when I frog the project but I think the yarn is now put into good use. It is the right yarn for a pair of socks for my husband ......

..... he loves the socks & they were on his feet immediately after I cast off & I had to make him sit down so that I could take some pictures of the socks.

The yarn is Dream In Color Smooshy in the Deep Seaflower colorway & I used the Retro Rib pattern for the leg as my husband has skinny legs. It's an easy to remember 4 rows pattern & it looks great.

I also cast off another project which I have been working on for the past few months. It has taken me so long as I was knitting it without a pattern. Last year, I bought 9 balls of Moda Vera Mousse (30% soybean, 70% wool) from Spotlight for $27 as I love the color, a dark grey & I knew that I wanted a vest. So I have been searching for a nice vest pattern & Talia was the closest that I could find that matches my requirements. But I don't really like the stitch pattern so I decided to use Talia as the template & put in a new stitch pattern. I had to rib out my knitting a few times before I am happy with this ......

..... cables ! I am really happy with the results & was glad that I had enough yarn to finish it. The vest is so warm as the yarn is quite thick. I used 6mm needles which knitted fast but hurts my hand as I am not used to knitting with thick wool. I will not use this wool again as it's not a nice wool (very splitty & hairy) to knit with. Take a look at the back .....

I have already worn the vest a few times & I think I will be wearing it a lot this winter ......

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Great socks and fabulous vest. Those cables are terrific.

Micki said...

Beautiful vest! The socks are great too.