Thursday, October 20, 2011

Perth Royal Show

I am so glad that this is all over ..... as I have been busy putting together all my entries for the Annual Royal Show. For the last few months, I had been finishing off all my entries as they had to be submitted one week before the show.

This year, I entered in 6 categories (which was a little ambitious on my part) and I won 1st prize for my socks. It's my Triple Braids which I have for sale on ravelry ......


2nd prize for the Dimante Mittens which I designed for Knitting Inspirations Annual Retreat ......

2nd prize for this shawl ......


........ which was entered in the handspun section as the yarn is from a friend's baby alpaca. The alpaca was so soft & I love the natural color. This is also my own design & I am planning to write out the pattern.

3rd prize for this shawl ......


..... Daisy Shawlette which I really enjoyed knitting & the beads made the shawl so pretty.

Highly Commended for this shawl .......


..... which I designed especially for the Original Design Category. The shawl is crescent shaped & was knitted in Malabrigo lace in the neutral color. I love the look of this shawl & it's so soft & light. I have the pattern written out & it's is being test knitted now.

Lastly, is a hat which did not have not placing. The judge's comment was that the brim looks tight & may not fit the head.

It's the Brambles Beret. I did a tubular cast on which I thought was really stretchy. Anyway, I had no problem putting it over my head.

I was also invited to the show to do a knitting demonstration. It's just for a few hours, sitting in one corner with a table of my projects. I sat there & knitted & talked to people who stop by the table.

This year's entries for the handknitting section were all very well done. It's so good to see such beautiful work done by most of my knitting friends. I am sure next year, the competition will be even greater.


8 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

Hey Ann,

A huge congrats to you for winning so many prizes!!! Absolutely love all your designs!!!

Rose Red said...

Congratulations! All beautiful knitting and I especially love your new shawl design!

Sue said...

Congratulations on winning for such beautiful work. I think it is great that more people are entering shows and that knitting is so hugely popular again.

Roseann said...

Congratulations on all of your prizes!!! Your knitting and your designs are stunningly beautiful! Is there a Knitty design in your future? I sure hope so!

I agree with you about your hat, it looks very nice on the model. I'm sure you inspired many a knitter during your demonstrations.

2paw said...

Congratulations on all your prizes and pshaw to that unnaturally large headed judge!! Love the new lacy crescent shawl. People were very lucky to have you demonstrating!!

Rachel said...

Congrats on such a good showing! I really like those mitts...what am I seeing on the pattern? Beads or just an embellishment with a lighter colored yarn? Either way, very nice detail.

And the shawl knit up in Malabrigo is gorgeous...very nice shape and I like the placement of the lace sections. Let us know when that pattern is available!

Well done as usual!

Bogie said...

Well done, well done, congratulations!! Seems like the judges should have been able to pick up the hat to inspect the brim and see how stretchy it is. Ah well, a fine showing all the way around. Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a bit late with my congratulations. But well done on all your prices. All your knits are wonderful. I love the hat too.

The standard of knitting looks very high.

Unfortunately our local show seems to be judged by people who don't know anything about knitting. I was horrified by one of the first prizes this year.