Friday, August 16, 2013

To Blog Or Not To Blog

Recently I have lost the inspiration to blog. I just feel that I have nothing to share except FOs and I am sure it's must be boring just to read about FOs. In addition, there's Ravelry and all my projects are listed there and nowadays, most people are on Ravelry, so why am I blogging???

Anyway, here is a recent FO. Actually, it's not 100% knitted by me. Lydia (my younger daughter) knitted most of it.



I started the toe, Lydia knitted the foot, I turned the heel and she finished the leg. The socks were done in a week as she was on her Uni holidays and now she has a new pair of socks!

I also have another sock on the needles - the Rainbow Socks, a sock pattern with short rows to prevent pooling of colors in variegated yarn. Knitting short rows in a sock takes a little more time with all the turns and purling but it looks nice .....



I love how the colors looked and although I am not a fan of short rows, I managed it with Cat Bordhi's short row technique used in the Tomato Heel. It's a really simple technique and I also incorporated the Tomato Heel in this sock and it looked great together .......



I am also working on a top down raglan sweater for my daughter and I am using these tiny circular needles for the sleeves .....






These are Hiya Hiya 9" which I just bought from Purlwise. They are great for knitting sleeves in the round but it takes a while to be comfortable with the tiny tips. I love them now!

My dear blogging friends, this may be my last post but we will keep in touch on Ravelry..... see you there and thank you for your support all these years!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Bogie said...

I hope it isn't your last blog post! Regardless, thank you for sharing your creative exploits with all of us. I've enjoyed reading your blog for years.

Best Regards,
Janice

Unknown said...

Oh I love your blog,dont quit Im keen to see your projects,you inspire me

Rose Red said...

I would be sad to see you give up too, but I understand, I am finding it harder and harder to motivate myself to blog, even though I have lots of things I could post about.

I love those rainbow socks, I've wanted to make them for such a long time. But sock knitting has taken a back seat for me lately, I need to borrow Lydia I think!!

2paw said...

Oh no, all my favourite bloggers are saying goodbye. Love the socks and how nice to have knitted them with Lydia!!
I tried to nit the rainbow socks, but I must have Princess and the Pea soles and the short rows just annoyed my skin. The tomato heel is fun and your socks look beautiful!!!

Roseann said...

You are so clever to have figured out how to use those 9" circular needles. I received a pair as a gift and knitting with them really bothered my shoulder and I struggled to knit with them.

Lydia's socks are very pretty, what a nice joint effort. Your short row socks compliment your yarn beautifully, the colors really pop.

I look forward to seeing more of your lovely raglan and will check your projects page on Ravelry. I have truly enjoyed your blog and I have learned so much from you.

I understand if this is to be your last post and I will be sure to keep an eye on your Ravelry projects page.