Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Case Of the Missing Lace ....

Now you see it .....
Now you don't ....
I have been merrily knitting on my Alpine Lace & in fact finished the 2nd repeat of the lower border & had 1 more repeat to do before I start on the center panel. So I thought I will read the pattern again ..... & to my horror realised that there are stitches missing for the center panel .... what happened ?????
In the beginning when I changed to the 3.75mm needles, I thought the scarf will be too big & so (trying to be smart) decided to reduce 1 pattern repeat of the border not having the foresight that it will affect the center panel.
So I had to frog it & start again .... which I did & now I am back on track with the lower border.... I have learnt my lesson & will keep to the pattern - just wish me luck!

7 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yikes! I have so been there on numerous occasions. Hopefully you've started up again and the pain of the ripping is a distant memory...

Michelle Lee said...

ah...i think knitters love the frog pond...if not...why do we keep on visiting there??? hehehehee

cheers
michelle
http://knitty-bitty.momo4ever.com

tiennieknits said...

Oh no! At least you weren't really far into it. You'll probably knit that one right back up!

2paw said...

What bad luck!! I think it was just too exciting. It looked so lovely too. Happy Starting Over!!!

Dipsy Doodle said...

Oy! I'm so sorry - I've been there before and know how it hurts! At least you weren't that far into it!

Helen said...

Oh what ashame! Nevermind you are on your way now and it wasn't too far along thank goodness. I bet it feels and looks lovely and can't wait to see it live.

pinky-yin said...

o dear.... better to realize it now than later...
Good luck :)