Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Mystery Project

At my last post, I mentioned that I was knitting this at WWKIP event but I didn't not give any details on what it is .......
..... it's not a hat or a pinwheel jacket or a shawl but I had 1 correct guess - yes, it's a bag ! I bought a few balls of Cleckheaton Vintage Hues at half price at Spotlight. I have read on several blogs that this yarn felts very well, so I thought that I will give it a try & knit a small sock tote & felt it. It was a fun & easy knit - I cast on on Saturday at WWKIP & cast off on Sunday afternoon, threw it in the washing machine for a hot wash & 15 mins later ......


..... it did felted beautifully & I love the colors & the size is just right for a yarn cake & a sock project on the go. I was lucky with the size as I didn't know how much the knitting will shrink after felting. The knitted bag was 33cm high, 74cm wide with a 32cm handle before felting & after felting it was 18cm high, 54cm wide with a 28cm handle.

I just love this bag & now Lynette also wants one. I can still knit another one as I used only 3 balls for this bag & has another 5 balls left.

I also finished another pair of fingerless mittens for Lydia ....

.... and I used my leftover Zen Yarn Garden bamboo/merino . These mittens knit up so fast & maybe I will have to knit another pair for myself as the weather is getting so cold especially in the nights - last night was 4 degrees!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Yay, I guessed right, and it looks great :-)

Linda said...

Ooh I love the bag! Maybe I should give it a go, did you use a pattern? And the mitts are lovely, a good way to keep some of the chill away.

Bells said...

oh my goodness, that bag looks fantastic! And very, very nice mittens. I rather like those!